[Pulp-dev] Proposal to change default logging to console in Pulp 3

Eric Helms ehelms at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 12:16:45 UTC 2018

Howdy,

As I understand things, the default logging in Pulp 3 is set to syslog. I
am proposing changing this to be console by default and optionally letting
users configure syslog. I think these days console as a default makes
general sense for running things in a simple terminal, or as a developer.
Further, the natural way to log in a container based environment is to log
to stdout. The use of syslog makes sense in a traditional systemd based
deployment which can be configured by users as needed.

- Eric