[Pulp-dev] 'id' versus 'pulp_id' on Content

Daniel Alley dalley at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 20:33:01 UTC 2018

> just curious, where does the rpm 'id' come from and how is it used
> differently than the NEVREA composite natural key.

It's a part of Erratum, not the actual RPM content, so it's unrelated to
NVREA.  An example of an errata "id" would be "RHEA-2013:1777".

I agree with your point about '_id' and 'id' being confusing.  I don't
think having 'pulp_id' would be so bad, but if there's still strong
objection to that idea, then I am fine with just moving forwards as-is and
making sure that we clearly document what field names plugin writers cannot
use.