[Pulp-dev] Pulp 2 plugin release plan

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 13:32:08 UTC 2018

tl;dr: you should only receive backwards compatible changes with this
approach.

It's a good question to ask. The plugins the core team maintains adhere to
semver so these Y updates to plugins will always be 100% backwards
compatible. We won't be upgrading a plugin's X release in a single repo,
e.g. core's 2.16 repo [0], because that could be backwards incompatible
interface for that plugin.

[0]: https://repos.fedorapeople.org/pulp/pulp/stable/2.16/7Server/x86_64/