[Pulp-dev] Update PUP-4 re: Displaying the Code of Conduct

Dana Walker dawalker at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 20:36:46 UTC 2018

PUP-4 proposed Pulp adopt a Code of Conduct as we previously had none.
This proposal was accepted in December 2017.  At the time, it was decided
to link to the PUP itself in CONTRIBUTING.md. [0]

In creating that file today for another issue [1], it became apparent that
linking to the PUP means linking to a document that has several paragraphs
of "should we do this" unfinished sounding language from the proposal
before we get to the actionable code we want a community member to read.

I propose that, as we did for the CCRC in PUP-5, we actually house the Code
of Conduct itself on 1) our website, and link to it from a
CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md file in our base directory, or 2) house the document in
a CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md file directly.

This would bring us in line with the GitHub Community Standards. [1][2]

Please respond with comments, questions, or preferences regarding this
proposed update.

In absence of any -1's we will be moving forward with one of the two
proposed changes to the display location no later than Monday July 9.

[0] https://github.com/pulp/pups/blob/master/pup-0004.md
[1] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3599
[2] https://github.com/pulp/pulp/community

Thanks,