[Pulp-dev] DeclarativeVersion Prototype

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 08:59:08 UTC 2018

I'm going to be out of the office this week, but before I go offline I want
to share a prototype since it's functional. This prototype for
DeclarativeVersion which is an asyncio based pipeline. It's mostly
functional. Check out the code.

pulp code:
https://github.com/pulp/pulp/compare/master...bmbouter:introducing-asyncio-stages?expand=1

pulp_file code:
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_file/compare/master...bmbouter:introducing-asyncio-stages

It's almost done, but I ran out of time before pto. Currently it doesn't
unassociate content units from the repo version correctly.

Since it's asyncio it likely will be very high performing although I
haven't formally benchmarked it yet. Also it allows the plugin writer to
rearrange and modify the pipeline using the reusable stages.

Any comments or ideas are welcome. I recommend focusing on the high-level
only since the code still needs some obvious polish (and the last mirroring
feature).

Cheers,
Brian