[Pulp-dev] possible to upload container image blobs?

Ina Panova ipanova at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 22:25:23 UTC 2018

Hello Tom,

No it is not possible to upload individual blobs, the only way how to get
image manifest schema1 or schema2 for now is to use skopeo copy and tar the
output.
For more info please checks the docs and recipes [0].

In addition it is not safe to upload the components of the tar file
individually, because if you upload just a single json file without blobs,
it ends up to be a corrupted image manifest. In case you'd upload blob by
blob, you also risk to end up with corrupted image manifest in case you'd
forget some blob to upload.

Let me know in case you have more questions.

[0]
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_docker/blob/master/docs/user-guide/recipes.rst#upload-v2-schema-2-and-schema-1-images-to-pulp

--------
Regards,

Ina Panova
Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.

"Do not go where the path may lead,
 go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."