[Pulp-dev] Port Pulp3 to use RQ

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 17:58:12 UTC 2018

Thanks for all the discussion both on list and on irc. After more
investigation, it sounds like there are no feature gaps, but we will need
to incorporate this workaround
<https://github.com/rq/rq/issues/684#issuecomment-352152369> to cancel a
task that is already running.

The feedback I've heard on the idea is that it's valuable and looks
feasible, but we won't really know until we prototype it a bit. Based on
the technical outline in the previous email, I believe it can be prototyped
in a day or two. I plan to do this soon, once I contribute to a few other
required-for-beta planning items first. I'll post my PR to see what other
think of the change, probably next week.