[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3.0 REST API gap analysis

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 13:20:28 UTC 2018

> As an authenticated user, I can define a default remote on a repo via
href to be used whenever a new repo version is created.

I kind of have a proposal around this and I think we should ask
Katello/users what they need. I’d propose leaving this off the MVP for now.

> auto_publish(bool) - ??? consider adding auto-publish feature to MVP

I think we agreed to leave auto_publish out of the MVP but forgot to remove
it from the doc.

> As a user, my distribution base paths don't conflict and my create/update
is rejected identifying the conflicting distributions

I’ve been working on this on my own time outside of work since it’s not on
the sprint. I think I’ll have this soon.

> As a user, I want a newly created publication to be automatically served
by the content as defined by distributions.

I think this works.

> As an authenticated user, I have filters on the Distribution list [3082]

I raised this issue at the sprint planning before the beta feature freeze
but we agreed not to address it/add it to the sprint. I can’t remember why
though.

> I cannot pass "sync" options.
> Auto-publish is not included as an importer property.
> I cannot pass "publish" options.

We don’t validate extraneous parameters. These might be just to emphasize
that we’re not supporting this for now. I wouldn’t mind removing them from
the MVP.

Covered by https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3445

> As an authenticated user, I can filter Content by repository version
information when plugin writers have provided such a filter
> As an authenticated user, I can filter content on plugin specific
attributes when plugin writers have provided such a filter

This is outstanding work. I think we need someone that can lead this and
design out how it should work.

> As a user, I have docs that when a new RepositoryVersion is created,
add_many and remove_many are performed before any Plugin code is executed.

Not sure I understand this one.

> As an authenticated user, I can cause an action that cleans up both
orphaned content units and orphaned artifacts.

Covered by https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3442.

 > As a plugin writer, I can provide a subclassed Importer. The importer's
responsibility is to synchronize the content of a Pulp repository with the
content of a remote repository. (a circular import problem needs to be
discussed and may cause this to change)
> As a plugin writer, I can provide a subclassed Publisher. The publisher's
responsibility is to publish content. (a circular import problem needs to
be discussed and may cause this to change)

AFAIK, I think these are done.

> As a plugin writer, I expect units that are missing from the remote
repository to not be created in Pulp when using the immediate download
policy.
> As a plugin writer, I expect units that are missing from the remote
repository to be created in Pulp when using background or on_demand
download policies.

These seem backwards to me. If we’re not doing lazy sync in the MVP (and I
don’t think we are) then we should probably just remove them.

David