[Pulp-dev] Pulp2 Release Engineer Needs Volunteer

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed May 2 15:25:29 UTC 2018

For the last several Pulp2 releases we've documented [0] the new process
that separates building pulp2 bits from all the other
docs/redmine/announcing stuff.

Note that to start a Pulp2 release anyone can call for a release via email
to pulp-dev. At that point the "release engineer" will handle the release
train from start to finish, coordinating with the build team.

I've been that "release engineer" for the past several releases to start
this process, and I'm looking to pass this responsibility on to someone
else. Eventually they can pass it along to another person too. With 2.16.1
going GA, there are no active pulp2 releases, so now is a great time to
transition the role.

Is anyone interested in being that "release engineer" for Pulp2? Please
reply on-list if so. I can help onboard and support you as you transition
into the role.

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_2_Release_Planning

-Brian