[Pulp-dev] Pulp3 "auto-distribute" Feature?

Austin Macdonald amacdona at redhat.com
Mon May 7 15:11:26 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Brian Bouterse <bbouters at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm confused about the feature claim of the auto-distribute feature for
> Pulp 3.0 GA. The distribution object takes both 'repository' and
> 'publisher' as options currently...
>
> As a user, can I create a distribution that will auto-distribute any new
> repository version for repo 'foo'?
>
> As a user, can I create a distribution that will auto-distribute any
> publication produced by a specific publisher, e.g. 'baz'?

Repository and publisher must both be set at the same time. Any time the
publisher is used to create a new publication of the repository it is auto
distributed.

Not sure why the help text isn't showing up in the autogenerated docs.
https://github.com/pulp/pulp/blob/3.0-dev/pulpcore/pulpcore/app/serializers/repository.py#L203-L223

Heres how it works:
https://github.com/pulp/pulp/blob/3.0-dev/pulpcore/pulpcore/app/models/publication.py#L107-L112