[Pulp-dev] Replicate metadata

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Wed May 9 12:22:38 UTC 2018

One of the themes I heard yesterday at the Red Hat Summit was around
having a pulp server mirror the upstream RPM repo metadata exactly. The
use case is that two pulp servers are behind a load balancer mirroring
the same repo. The users would like to be able to flip a yum client
acrross the two servers. Running createrepo to make unique repos causes
issues for the clients that appear to be errors. I assume this pattern
would not be unique for other package clients that cache metadata.

So, when looking ahead to pulp 3 I would ask that this be taken into
consideration. I can provide more info / use cases if necessary.

-- bk