[Pulp-dev] Composed Repositories

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue May 15 16:59:37 UTC 2018

I agree these are specific cases for a few content types that are used by
multiple plugins. I think the most productive thing would be for us to talk
in specific only about kickstart trees being shared between RPM and ostree.
It would be much easier to generalize after building something specific
once (I think).

A mentor I had once told all software that lives long enough goes through 3
phases. (1) A concrete implementation (2) generalizing that implementation,
and then (3) rewriting that implementation because of everything you didn't
know before. I'm advocating for us to think about the problem as a specific
plugin problem (step 1) and then after that is done, to look at
generalizing it (step 2).