[Pulp-dev] Pulp CLI MVP User Stories

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Tue May 22 22:56:00 UTC 2018

A few of us[0] met earlier today to discuss further steps with the CLI. We
agreed on the following next steps:

1) Over the next week @bizhang is going to explore how we can add value to
coreapi-cli[1] - in particular see about adding polling for operations that
return tasks

2) We want to send a note out to pulp-list to ask users the following
questions:

- What commands or functionality in the CLI do you rely on the most?
- Are there things you wish the CLI had or did?
- Why do you use the CLI over using the REST API directly?
- Do you strictly use the CLI or do you use other things like Katello or
the REST API?
- Would you prefer a CLI or a basic web UI (that leverages something like
Django admin)?

[0] dawalker, daviddavis, bizhang, asmacdo, dkliban
[1] http://www.coreapi.org/