[Pulp-dev] Lazy for Pulp3

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Fri May 25 19:11:04 UTC 2018

A mini-team of core devs** met to talk through lazy use cases for Pulp3.
It's effectively the same lazy from Pulp2 except:

* it's now built into core (not just RPM)
* It disincludes repo protection use cases because we haven't added repo
protection to Pulp3 yet
* It disincludes the "background" policy which based on feedback from
stakeholders provided very little value
* it will no longer will depend on Twisted as a dependency. It will use
asyncio instead.

While it is being built into core, it will require minimal support by a
plugin writer to add support for it. Details in the epic below.

The current use cases along with a technical plan are written on this epic:
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3693

We're putting it out for comment, questions, and feedback before we start
into the code. I hope we are able to add this into our next sprint.

** ipanova, jortel, ttereshc, dkliban, bmbouter

Thanks!
Brian