[Pulp-dev] Auto-distribution

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 21:20:55 UTC 2018

On 11/27/18 8:29 AM, Austin Macdonald wrote:
> Yes, and AFAIK this is already complete. There are 2 fields on the
> Distribution that allow auto-distribution. These fields must both be
> set, and when they are, new publications will automatically update the
> distribution.

The Auto-distribution feature is not the same as auto-publish in pulp2
which automatically triggered a publish at the end of a sync. The
auto-distribution feature automatically makes a newly created
publication "live" after it has been created.  This is done by updating
distributions (per configuration) with the newly created publication. As
a result, the publication will be served by the distribution.  This is
different than auto-publish in pulp2.