[Pulp-dev] Migrations for pulpcore when?

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 20:16:49 UTC 2018

The plan has been for pulpcore to start shipping migrations when it reaches
its RC. That is still a several weeks out, and that's challenging because
some plugins, e.g. pulp_ansible, pulp_python, are fully-functional and have
users using them. Those plugin would benefit from migrations, but they
can't have them because they refer to migrations in pulpcore that don't
exist the same on all systems. Django raises an exception (I tried with
pulp_ansible).

I'm wondering if we can commit migrations a bit earlier than that. The only
major database change we have planned is the transition to single-content
table (not MasterDetail). I'm wondering if:

We can commit migrations to pulpcore after that is done?
What other upcoming changes we know about for pulpcore 3.0 that have large
database changes with them?

Thanks!
Brian