[Pulp-dev] Recursive copies of modules between repositories

Milan Kovacik mkovacik at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 15:37:21 UTC 2018

Folks,

couple of interesting questions popped up while trying to figure how to
integrate Fus[1] with Pulp to minimize duplicating code, that I'd like to
poll the opinions about:

* how do we infer which platform should the solver consider for evaluating
the modular dependencies, if there are multiple platforms
required/available?

* do we want all the possible alternatives, satisfying a module's modular
dependencies, to be copied or just the first match?

* libsolv-based solvers aren't capable of delivering a best-effort
resolution: a conflict or an unsatisfied dependency will break the
recursive copy, are we cool with that?

Thanks,
milan

[1] https://github.com/fedora-modularity/fus