[Pulp-dev] Theme of the bachelor thesis

Vladimir Dusek vdusek at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 10:56:03 UTC 2018

There's the assignment, it's confirmed by the university. You can read it
if you're interested and please if you find any discrepancy let me know. We
can adjust it for the next few weeks.

1) Study the Pulp project and its use cases, compared to Git with respect
to repository versioning.

2) Study the details and the background of the current solution of
versioning in Pulp; focus, in particular, on the the information in related
mailing lists, issue trackers, and old pull requests. Moreover, study also
the data model of Git. Search for use cases that can be performed in Git
but not in Pulp and identify those that could be useful for the Pulp
community and programmers of Pulp plugins.

3) Design a methodology for testing the performance of versioning of the
original and a new versioning approach with respect to selected use cases.

4) Design a new versioning system for Pulp using the data model of Git.

5) Implement the new versioning system within a selected plugin and a
pulpcore application.

6) Evaluate the performance of the new system and implement new use cases
that have been enabled by the new versioning system.

7) Discuss the obtained results and future work.