[Pulp-dev] Pulp2 Bug Backlog Closing?

Robin Chan rchan at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 12:44:59 UTC 2019

re: going through open tickets - you can use the BK suggested algorithm and
monthly query for from some criteria (say last touched) and review & close
with the same message. We a pick a target by which we wish to close all of
the older Pulp 2 issues that won't be addressed and pick a criteria to
chunk through them.

I would pick a fixed amount of time (both deadline & communicating to other
active devs so we aren't doubling effort) to dedicate to finding issues to
keep & convert to Pulp 3 items and just cut it off after that. That
approach makes sense to me in that once you get past a certain time (which
I believe is pretty small,) you are hitting diminishing returns. We could
use that time to fix more issues or just write a ticket again on Pulp 3.

Care should be taken to ensure pulp-list & blog post to cover:
- why prior to the closing
- what a user should do if they would like to pursue a fix (i.e. will we
take a pr? can they open a pulp 3 issue?)

-Robin