[Pulp-dev] State of the docs & Docs drive kickoff

Robin Chan rchan at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 16:25:43 UTC 2019

Hi Austin,
Thank you for pulling this all together and sharing it out.

2 thoughts:
1. What is the difference btween ln 34 & 127 of the [0] etherpad? Looks
like a repeat to me.
2. I'd like to hear more about this idea of not being able to distinguish
if a feature is documented in pulpcore or a plugin. Who is the audience for
this document? If it is the user, I would dig a little deeper question as
assumption that a user should have to know where it's documented. I would
think if I really do need to know, then I'm looking for different, more
general, high level information about the feature. If I'm a user of a
specific plugin then I'm looking for how this feature works for a specific
plugin and so therefore we might be able to re-use details - but what if
this plugin decided not to use this feature or customized it somehow.
Granted I think we need to make this super easy to document if a plugin is
using a feature in a straightforward way but do we need to make it
customizable or have additional info specific to a plugin? In order to not
make suggest a large change, I'd say, why not allow users to find the
feature details within the plugin docs?

-Robin