[Pulp-dev] problems with publishers in Pulp 3

Simon Baatz gmbnomis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 18:45:37 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 04:51:00PM -0400, Brian Bouterse wrote:
>    After some discussion the proposal has been adjusted to leave
>    publishers as-is and only introduce Master/Detail Publications with
>    this change. [1]https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4678#note-6
>    Please provide more feedback as this likely will be work we try to
>    include for rc2.

I am wondering whether we should also introduce Master/Detail
Distributions.

Today, to customize distributions, a plugin writer has to derive from
BaseDistribution and implement a new REST endpoint (e.g.
"/pulp/api/v3/docker-distributions").  Now that we have endpoints
specific to plugins below `/pulp/api/v3/publications/`, I think it
would be more consistent to offer the same scheme for
`/pulp/api/v3/distributions`.