[Pulp-dev] Pagination Requirements and Defaults?

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 16:17:12 UTC 2019

Recently with pulp_ansible, users were interested in using pagination with
LimitOffsetPagination [0]. Pulp currently defaults to PageNumberPagination.
I looked at our current DRF defaults, and I noticed two things.

1. We default to the not-as-common PageNumberPagination based on examples
in the drf docs.
2. We customize it here [1] in various ways.

Can someone help me remember why these pagination style choices were made
or where the requirements came from?
Would our bindings work with a LimitOffsetPagination style?
What use cases drove the use and customization in this area?

Also, @katello how would a pagination style change (like switching to
LimitOffsetPagination) affect you?

Thanks for any info you can provide. Maybe what we have right now is just
what we need, but I'm not sure.

-Brian

[0]:
https://www.django-rest-framework.org/api-guide/pagination/#setting-the-pagination-style