[Pulp-dev] [Breaking] Stopping the installer from auto-creating migrations - Sept 3rd

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 18:15:46 UTC 2019

tl;dr if we make this change on Sept 3rd, the installer won't auto-create
migrations anymore. For every change needing a migration, please commit one.

# Background
We enabled the installer to "auto-create" migrations as a solution to the
problem of them changing a crazy amount early on in Pulp3's development.
Now the migrations are expected to be checked in and I believe they are for
all plugins. This is only a breaking change for a plugin that is missing
migrations.

# The Problem
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5361 This was originally reported by Katello as
a P2; I added details to it.

# Feedback
If there is something better that we should do please suggest it on the
issue. If this is a concern or not going to work for you or our users
please bring that up anywhere.

# Timeline
If there are no blocking concerns, I plan to make this change on Tuesday
Sept 3rd.

Thank you!
Brian