[Pulp-dev] artifact stages adjustment or any other solution?

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Thu Aug 29 14:42:33 UTC 2019

I agree Austin's suggestion of a mechanism like that sounds good. Can a
more detailed description be written in Redmine and sent to the list? This
change is in Stages API which has such broad impact that I'd feel most
comfortable if we could get to that level of detail together somehow.

The Stages API details I'm sure we can work out, but the concern I keep
thinking about has to do with on-demand content. An Artifact that doesn't
also have a single url to download it from couldn't have a RemoteArtifact
created for it. If we can't make a RemoteArtifact for it, then it won't
work with on-demand sync modes. To me that is the more challenging aspect
of this goal. Will this work with on-demand content? Do others see this as
an issue? What do you think?

@ttereshc thank you for bringing this up, and @asmacdo thank you for
jumping in and suggesting.