[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3 Licensing

Dana Walker dawalker at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 20:55:38 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!

Thus far, Pulp 3 has been operating under the GPLv2 license.  Given the way
the GPL defines derivative works, this means that the plugins should also
be licensed as GPLv2.  Take a look at this FAQ to further clarify the
current state of things. [0]

What we’d like to hear is feedback from each of our stakeholders and
community members.  Do you have any concerns with this license, or are you
happy with leaving things as is?

Looking forward, are there any compelling reasons to consider alternatives
at this pivotal time in our community’s growth?  Let us know!

[0] https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp3_Licensing_FAQ

Thanks,

--Dana

Dana Walker