[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3 for Fedora

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 20:15:12 UTC 2019

Neal,

I completely agree with the points you brought up and would love to see
Pulp 3 shipped in Fedora. The only thing I am hesitant about is the timing.
Fedora 30 is shipping in May, correct? We’re approaching an RC for Pulp’s
core but none of the plugins are really ready. I think releasing Pulp for
Fedora 31 in the fall might be more feasible but maybe we can re-evaluate
in March.

Also, I’d love to talk more about integrating Pulp into's Fedora
infrastructure. I joined the Pulp team a couple years ago and have been
constantly wondering why Fedora is not using Pulp to manage and distribute
its RPMs. Maybe at some point we can give you a demo of Pulp 3 and figure
out how we can help fill Fedora’s needs.

Thanks for reaching out.

David