[Pulp-dev] Docs jobs in Travis

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 18:05:11 UTC 2019

Pretty soon, we’re going to add support for MySQL and mariadb[0] and we’d
like to test against these databases in Travis which will create at least
two additional jobs in Travis. There’s also a task on our current sprint[1]
to add a docs check to the pulpcore-plugin repo.

I’m debating about whether we should remove the separate docs job from our
builds and just run the “build html” check as part of the normal test. The
reason is that we're limited by Travis to a certain number of concurrent
jobs[2] for our organization, which usually turns out to be ~4.

The docs check would add about 30-60 seconds to the regular test while it
looks like the separate docs job takes about 2 minutes to execute. We might
be able to pay for extra jobs[3] but it ain’t cheap.

Thoughts?

[0] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4270
[1] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4403
[2] https://blog.travis-ci.com/2014-07-18-per-repository-concurrency-setting