[Pulp-dev] Replicate a directory structure of a remote repo or not?

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 17:14:32 UTC 2019

RPM plugin team discussed this question recently and we are leaning towards
a conclusion that by default Pulp is expected to publish a repo with a
directory structure of a remote repository.

E.g. At the moment if no base_path is configured for a distribution, those
two repositories [0][1] (same content, different layout) result in a repo
with the same flat structure, all packages go into the root directory. Is
there an expectation that Pulp would generate two repositories with the
directory structure as in the original remote repo?

1. RPM plugin users, please, speak out, do you need/expect/want a directory
structure to be the same as in a remote repo you sync from?

2. It would be good to know if there is such a need for any other plugin
than RPM. It will help to answer the questions: Should we handle this in
pulpcore? or in every plugin since plugins might have different needs for a
default layout?

Thank you,
Tanya

[0] https://repos.fedorapeople.org/pulp/pulp/fixtures/rpm-unsigned/