[Pulp-dev] Moving the pulp/pulp repo to pulp/pulpcore

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 16:30:21 UTC 2019

Ok it sounds like Thursday is our day. I'm planning on 5pm UTC
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=4460243,100,3078610&h=4460243&date=2019-2-28&sln=12-13

At that time a few things will happen:
* I'll perform the cutover, removing pulp/pulp:master, and making
pulp/pulp:2-master the primary branch (nothing changes for pulp2)
* I'll send a note to pulp-dev immediately w/ some basic instructions on
how to port your repos. (basically delete, fork, fresh clone)
* I'll be closing the Pulp3 PRs on pulp/pulp and opening them on
pulp/pulpcore
* I will cutover only over the Pulp3 tags
* applying Travis updates to use the new repo on other various repos that
rely on source checkouts of pulp/pulp (these will be prepped ahead of time)

I'll be preparing that morning, so feel free to ask any questions on IRC or
email ahead of time.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 1:54 PM Dana Walker <dawalker at redhat.com> wrote:

> I initially was wary and wanted to delay, but now I think it would be best
> to get this over with this week so we can get back to other things without
> it looming.  +1 to doing this Thursday.
>
> --Dana
>
> Dana Walker
>
> Associate Software Engineer
>
> Red Hat
>
> <https://www.redhat.com>
> <https://red.ht/sig>
>

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 1:44 PM Dennis Kliban <dkliban at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Can we please schedule this for Thursday February 28?
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 7:56 AM Brian Bouterse <bbouters at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I believe we're to the point where pulp3 would benefit from having a
>>> repo that was separate from pulp2. There are a few reasons, but rather than
>>> recap it here I wrote up this issue [0].
>>>
>>> Please comment on [0] with your thoughts on this change!
>>>
>>> [0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4444
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brian