[Pulp-dev] Changing path of media dir of pulp3 (not hardcoded /var/lib/pulp)

Pavel Picka ppicka at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 12:04:57 UTC 2019

Hello

as working on #4380 I get to state I can change the path from
'/var/lib/pulp' to whatever I need but getting hard time to receive old
files (when got new location/mount) as artifacts has saved absolute path in
the DB.
My suggestions are:
1) easy way - user can do change only once before first run/use of pulp
2) my favorite - redo models to save only relative path and add base
directory later at runtime from settings
3) hard way - offline db migration (when pulp is not running) to change
path of artifacts in DB

I would like to ask about your suggestions, opinions and ideas on this how
to move this forward.

--
Pavel Picka
Red Hat