[Pulp-dev] QE commit bit

Robin Chan rchan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 16:05:55 UTC 2019

A few suggestions.

#1. QE good with [1] - you all agree these are the folks with commit bit?
In other words, you trust each other to do the merge with your own
agreements of who has expertise and when things are ready - all the details?
#2. I would suggest we are suggesting QE have commit bit access to the
specific subdirectories;
  a) pulp_file/pulp_file/tests/functional/ (in pulp/pulp_file repo)
  b) pulp/pulp_core/tests/functional/ (in pulp/pulp repo)
I know this is not enforceable via the GIT settings, but helpful to be
explicit about as we include this in agreement.
#3. Shall we also agree that those not in [1] - in other words, the
developers give up commit bit for #2. Can still contribute but don't need
to be involved in #1 agreements.

Fully supportive of this effort. I was one of the folks who gave my word
prior to PUP-6 and see this as making sure the folks have what they need to
get stuff done and keeping decision making with the folks closest to the
work (i.e. QE makes decisions about all things QE.)

Thanks,
Robin