[Pulp-dev] pin pulpcore?

Matthias Dellweg dellweg at atix.de
Thu Jan 17 13:34:57 UTC 2019

Not sure, if this can help in beta phase:

We could introduce a version in the plugin-api path. So an
ancient plugin could `import pulpcore/plugin/v1` while a more recent
plugin could `import pulpcore/plugin/v2`.
That way multiple plugins can depend on different plugin-api versions,
and have a grace time to update to the new version.

Of course, pulpcore/plugin/v1 would have the responsibility to
counteract every breaking change of the new pulpcore version.
So, i would not support more than 2 versions at the same time.

Another way would be to release the plugin-api with a version in it's
name, so you can have both packages installed simultaneously. I think
this would look strange on the pypi side.

Thanks for bringing this up.