[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 18:53:48 UTC 2019

General discussion:

   - We had a discussion about a commit bit to pulp/pulp_rpm for QE team.
   Everyone who was present is on board. Many team members were out today, so
   the final decision is deferred till they are back.

Pulp 2:

   - Modularity issues are solved and merged, thanks to Daniel (dalley)
   - Module dep solving issue [0]
      - in testing by devs, not complete due to other priorities (RC
      blockers)

Pulp 3:

   - Need volunteer to review one-shot uploader for RPM [1]
   - PackageManagerConsumeTestCase failure [2]
      - Travis doesn't run this test since it requires DNF
      - David got a failure when tried to run it locally but perhaps the
      content app is not set up correctly? (ie  no CONTENT_HOST configured)
      - Let's focus on improving ansible in this area, added relation to
      the #4302 [3]
   - Any update on kickstart tree progress?
      - no, pulpcore RC blockers take priority, probably get back to that
      work after pulpcore goes RC
   - pulplift and RPM plugin
      - RPM plugin has additional requirements to install packages
      - Maybe we should add a generalized mechanism to install packages in
      the installer itself, since some other plugin might need that as well.

[0] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3740
[1] https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1246
[2] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4320
[3] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4302