[Pulp-dev] uniqueness constraints within a repository version

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Sun Jul 21 10:22:43 UTC 2019

+1 to the idea of a repo_key.

Should we also add the ability to apply custom validation of the content
being added?
Similar to a repo_key, Content model can optionally provide an additional
validator.
Use cases:
 - for pulp_file to avoid relative path overlap - e.g. 'a/b' and 'a'
 - for pulp_rpm to filter by signature/signing key

Plugins can solve it by defining their own stage but it seems like almost
any plugin needs to ensure absence of collisions specific to it, even the
simple pulp_file.
It means that our default pipeline becomes less useful and will be hardly
ever used by any [currently known] plugins.

Any thoughts?

Tanya