[Pulp-dev] Require Django 2.2+ and PostgreSQL 9.6

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 14:53:54 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 6:56 AM Tatiana Tereshchenko <ttereshc at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Great!
> I'm sure I checked it but somehow missed it, thanks :)
> I think it will be useful in the future to sent a note to #pulp-dev about
> such changes (in case, it hasn't been done).
>
> Brian, are you adding postgresql 9.6 requirement/installation to Centos 7
> part of installer only or everywhere?

I'm adding it only to the installer. I got that working but it's unmerged
still ( https://github.com/pulp/ansible-pulp/pull/129 ). We need to
document the postgreSQL requirement also here (
https://docs.pulpproject.org/en/3.0/nightly/installation/instructions.html#database-setup
) which I wasn't planning to do right now.

Do we need another ticket to install postgress 9.6+ for other OS?

I think we're ok for now once my centos fix is merged. If it was for any
other OS it would be for Debian and someone else will need to do that.
Fedora uses PostgreSQL 10.8 so that is OS is all set.