[Pulp-dev] Namespacing one shot upload and copy endpoints

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Wed Jul 31 14:40:23 UTC 2019

Thanks for this thread. I'm +1 on documenting these general conventions in
the pulpcore-plugin docs for plugin writers. Maybe we could include a
section on URLs so plugin writers could self-assess if they are doing this
or not.

Beyond documentation, is there more that folks wanted to do?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 7:04 AM Tatiana Tereshchenko <ttereshc at redhat.com>
wrote:

> If the goal is to make endpoints unified across all actions, then I think
> we can only do
> POST /pulp/api/v3//plugin/action/ types=[]

I see value in this as a general goal.

> Having plugin/content_type/upload would be nice, however I'm not sure if
> it covers enough use cases.

We could still document this as a general goal.

> E.g. For pulp_rpm,  it makes sense for packages or advisories to have a
> dedicated endpoint each, however it doesn't make much sense for modulemd or
> modulemd_defaults, because usually they are in the same file and uploaded
> in bulk (maybe a separate endpoint is needed for this case).
>
> For the copy case, it's common to copy more than one type, I think, so
> probably 'plugin/copy/ types=[]' makes more sense.

I also think documenting this as a general pattern.