[Pulp-dev] black

Austin Macdonald austin at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 17:40:38 UTC 2019

I think there are enough big projects that use black to consider it ready.
(PyPI for another example, and we also know it is being actively
developed).

IMO the way to make this choice is to determine whether the style it
uses/enforces works well for the project. There might be legitimate reasons
that black would not work for us, a hypothetical example being that our
viewset comments must be formatted in a specific way for the autodocs. To
move forward, I suggest using black and opening a PR so we can discuss the
specifics. In this case, it will be a lot less work to try it out than to
consider it theoretically.