[Pulp-dev] Python 3.6 will be formally included in RHEL 7.7

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 15:02:41 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 10:12 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 10:08 AM Mike DePaulo <mikedep333 at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >

> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7-beta/html/7.7_release_notes/new_features#enhancement_compiler-and-tools
> >
> > This means that once RHEL 7.7 & CentOS 7.7 come out, the lack of an
> EPEL7 python3-createrepo_c package for Pulp 3's pulp_rpm should be a lot
> easier to address. We'll simply work with the maintainers on an update for
> EPEL7's createrepo_c package, so that it includes the python3-createrepo_c
> subpackage.
> >

> Isn't createrepo_c in RHEL Extras now? If it is, then it'll be removed
> from EPEL, and you'll need to take it up with RHEL to get that fixed.
> :(

Arrgh, I forgot about that.

An old version is in both repos, but the release string in RHEL Extras is
higher ( 0.10.0-18 vs 0.10.0-6).

And RHEL 7.7 beta does not contain a newer version of it.

I'm probably going to end up providing a newer version of it in an EPEL7
Copr repo for Pulp 3's needs, although not having it depend on the software
collection would make doing so easier.

-Mike