[Pulp-dev] Pulp 2.19.0 and 2.18.2 build heads up

Robin Chan rchan at redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 20:12:46 UTC 2019

To call it out, the concerns are:
- A 2.18.2 build Z-release would be 3 weeks & if needed would be a higher
urgent need & done first
     - We've never done them at the same time, so that would push the
2.19.0 build back 3 weeks, which would blow a katello date out of the water
- QE & build team staff & resources (virtual hw) for the standard build
schedule done serially or in parallel
- Some infrastructure migrations are in progress and need to be completed
before any builds can start.

So to state it plainly, if a 2.18.2 is needed, I think we will need to find
a way to not do the normal process/schedule.

Normally, we don't look at doing a .z stream and a .y release so close
together, because users can take the .y or cherry pick fixes back if
needed. However in this case, #4518 [1] does not exist in a 2.19.0 so we
can't cherry pick a fix from that back to a 2.18.1 build for internal
stakeholders.

Robin