[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3 Licensing

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 15:12:18 UTC 2019

Having dealt with some other teams that want to integrate with Pulp, I
wonder if we shouldn’t move to a more permissive license for Pulp 3. Reason
being is that a more restrictive license such as GPL might turn people away
from Pulp—people that might want to write plugins, integrate Pulp into
their software, or use Pulp. I know it will be a pain to switch core to a
more permissive license but I wonder if it’s worth it given that we want to
encourage community development, usage, and integration of Pulp 3.

David