[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3 Licensing

Robin Chan rchan at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 21:14:19 UTC 2019

Given our conclusion that pulpcore and pulpcore-pluginare "GPL v2 or any
later version", I just found a README where we could clarify our licensing
(adding the "or later version") and wrote up this task:
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4592

I also added a few ideas of places we can check, so I know it's a bit
broad. I'm cool if we need to break this up (or make it an issue vs. a
task) please provide some feedback/updates. I wanted to capture this and if
anyone else remembers a place where they were misled to the licensing of
Pulp please add it. I also didn't want us to do any license changes (even
if they are corrections) just through github PRs since I want to be
transparent that these are clarifications and not a slipping in of license
changes.