[Pulp-dev] Documentation Systemd clarification?

Juan Cabrera juan.cabrera at unamur.be
Fri Mar 29 08:43:42 UTC 2019

Dear pulp developers,

I have installed PULP in a centos 7 Vagrant VM using your ansible project

https://github.com/pulp/ansible-pulp/

Now I'm looking at the documentation to see in detail how it works.

At the section about Systemd :

https://docs.pulpproject.org/en/3.0/nightly/installation/instructions.html#systemd

It is said that the default config file is /etc/pulp/server.yaml.

In the installed VM there is not a
|Environment=PULP_SETTINGS=/path/to/pulp/server.yaml |line in the
pulp-resource-manager.service file and the configuration file is named
`/etc/pulp/settings.py`. Some thing must be updated in the documentation?

The file contents in the VM are:

[root at dev-pulp-server system]# cat
/etc/systemd/system/pulp-resource-manager.service
[Unit]
Description=Pulp Resource Manager
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target

# This service will break if left running while PostgreSQL restarts.
BindsTo=postgresql.service
After=postgresql.service

[Service]
Environment="DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=pulpcore.app.settings"
User=pulp
WorkingDirectory=/var/run/pulp-resource-manager/
RuntimeDirectory=pulp-resource-manager
ExecStart=/usr/local/lib/pulp/bin/rq worker \
          -w pulpcore.tasking.worker.PulpWorker -n resource-manager@%%h \
          --pid=/var/run/pulp-resource-manager/resource-manager.pid

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Sincerely

Juan