[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu May 2 16:42:52 UTC 2019

Pulp2:

   - Dev freeze for 2.19.1 is May 14
      - Look for the pulp2 issues of the sprint, most of them should be
      fixed for 2.19.1
      - the nice-to-have ones have comments that they are not critical to
      go into 2.19.1 specifically.
      - dkliban set platform release for 2.19.1 issues
      - dalley to work on https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4693

Pulp3:

   - simple copy PR status
      - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1328/
      - ready for final review

   - dep solving updates
      - dalley started look into detail in pulp2 code and working out the
      API for pulp3
      - epic story to track the effort and to write down design when it's
      ready
         - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4762

   - kickstart trees updates
      - bmbouter and ttereshc discussed some design ideas
      - getting feedback from some teams is postponed due to RH Summit.

   - modularity planning meetings
      - started today (ipanova, ppicka, ttereshc)
      - bringing ppicka up to speed
      - going through use cases
      - whenever the list is ready, we'll share it to get feedback
      - anyone is free to join design discussions (not started yet)
      - https://github.com/rpm-software-management/createrepo_c/issues/98
         - we need to see what kind of modularity support is available in
         createrepo_c

   - installer updates
   - issues using it with pulplift
         - dkliban to file an issue, for real this time :)
         - dkliban to file a forklift rfe as well - to add pre-steps

   - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4010 As a user, I can view update records
   in the API
      - is it up to date?
      - what are the katello needs?
      - what are the benefits of merging or not merging
      - ttereshc to answer questions and to find specific examples of the
      same erratum in multiple variations in Pulp (updated erratum,
same erratum
      for different distros)

Open PRs

   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls
      - nothing too old or worth special attention

Triage:

   - Un-triaged bugs
   https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=30
   - Triage etherpad https://etherpad.net/p/rpm_triage_grooming
      - only one, needed for 2.19.1

   - any sprint candidates?
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4445 As a user, RPMs are published in
      Packages/ and sorted alphabetically
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4413 As a user, I can specify one-time
      options during sync
      - not adding anything this time
         - some people are away
         - focus on pulp 2 issues for 2.19.1 is needed
         - there are enough pulp 2 issues on the sprint