[Pulp-dev] pulpcore rc2 proposal to release May 13th

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Thu May 2 17:04:21 UTC 2019

It's been a little over a month since pulpcore 3.0.0rc1  and
pulpcore-plugin 0.1.0rc1 were released. Many bugfixes and several usability
improvements have happened since then so we should prepare to release an
rc2.

# Timeline
I propose we release on May 13th giving a week for anyone to wrap up work
that needs to go into rc2. @daviddavis and I can work together to release
it on that day.

# rc2 unfinished blockers
If you have a Redmine ticket that should block the rc2 release please add
it to this etherpad:  https://etherpad.net/p/pulpcore_rc2_blocker_list

# migrations
We will be squashing migrations and only ship a 0001 migration. We will
clearly communicate that there is not an upgrade path from rc1 -> rc2 in
user communication.

# release notes and release prep
I'll make release note and version bump PRs for pulp/pulpcore and
pulp/pulpcore-plugin over the upcoming week.

# version numbers
We're still working towards the same release as before so we just bump the
RC number:
pulpcore 3.0.0rc2
pulpcore-plugin 0.1.0rc2

# communication prep
I'll help draft a pulp-list email and get some revision from other devs
next week. I don't plan on making a blog post.

Feedback, questions, discussion, or concerns are all welcome.

Thanks!
Brian