[Pulp-dev] pulpcore rc2 proposal to release May 20th

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Fri May 10 17:11:16 UTC 2019

After some off-list feedback (thanks!), we're moving the rc2 release date
back to May 20th. Our goal is to give plugin writers time to update their
source to be compatible with rc2 and then have core and many plugins
release together on May 20th. Here's a recap of the timeline:

# Timeline
May 13 - merge last blocker change (1 left)  -
https://etherpad.net/p/pulpcore_rc2_blocker_list
May 14 - 17th   --  update plugins in 3 ways (see below) to be rc2
compatible
May 20th @ 2:30pm UTC - rc2 publish
May 20th - many other plugins release after rc2 bits are available on PyPI

# Plugin Updates Needed
- All plugins will need to provide a detail Distribution
- All plugins should consider removing their publishers (generally we are
moving away from them)
- Any plugin that uses Publications will need to provide a detail
Publication

All ^ changes are unblocked so you could start those updates now even.
Please send any questions about how to update your plugins (and/or why).

More feedback is welcome!
-Brian