[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu May 23 16:25:54 UTC 2019

*May **23**, 2019*

Pulp 2:

   - schedule for 2.20
      - dkliban and ttereshc discussed it the other day
      - ttereshc to put it together today

Pulp 3:

   - simple copy PR https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1328
      - there were some merge conflicts but its fixed now and ready to merge
      - but I would like to merge this one first:
      https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1354
         - decide whether we want user-facing name to be "errata" or
         "update"
            - we'll call it an "advisory" since it's the most common term
            which is used in the cli tools and the customer portal
            - ttereshc to reach Katello to suggest this name for their UI
            as well

   - kickstart trees updates
      - due to other priorities, no progress here

   - modularity updates
      - ppicka started writing a task for modelling
      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4873
      - ppicka to schedule a meeting to discuss and polish the design and
      task descritpion

   - slow progress
      - pulp_rpm is currently not the highest priority
      - any available capacity?
         - maybe in a week or two there will be more
         - more focus on pulpcore, pulp_ansible, migration tool, travis
         improvements and so on

   - refactor to use primary key and not carry the whole object for tasks
      - bmbouter to file a refactor

   - consider to use black project
   - https://black.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
      - daviddavis to open a PR to try it out

   - Open PRs
   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls
         - community Pulp 2 PR still needs testing/review
            - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1343
         - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1347 CDT is impacted
         - View module content with pulp-admin
         https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1350