[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu May 30 21:21:34 UTC 2019

Pulp 2:

   - Pulp 2.20 schedule confirmed
      - https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/2200_Release_Schedule
      - ttereshc to send notification to pulp-dev shortly

   - dalley is investigating issue with module recursive and
   recursive_conservative and working with QE to improve tests
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4693#note-9
      - aligned to 2.20 release

   - issue with erratum and applicability
      - already on the sprint
      - affects Katello
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4880

Pulp 3:

   - modularity updates
      - meeting happened
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4873
      - ppicka is updating the story, getting ready for grooming

   - black project (code formatting)
      - AI: anyone who hasn't done it yet should look at it before the next
      RPM meeting
      - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1355

   - do we want to be DB agnostic
   - bringing it up due to recent feedback from Foreman folks
      - consensus is/was yes, not sure if we want to relitigate this
      - we run CI against both DBs, PostgreSQL and MariaDB
         - helps to insure correctness
         - not testing performance at the moment
         - too late to change at RC2 stage anyway
      - if anyone feels very strongly, they can revive the old pulp-dev
      thread about this topic

   - need to improve pulplift - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4770
      - no easy way to specify custom playbook
      - get ready for the sprint, needs grooming

   - bmbouter to handle
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4876
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4503
         - likely closing after some quick testing

   - adopting Travis configuration
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4574
      - added to the sprint

   - bindings should be published soon
      - bmbouter will send an email/blogpost

   - no duplicates removal at the time of content addition to a repo
   - ttereshc to file a task and statr an email thread

Open PRs

   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls
      - community Pulp 2 PR
         -  https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1343
         - issue is not reproducible
         - wait for reply, close before the next meeting

Triage:

   - Un-triaged bugs
   https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=30
   - Triage etherpad https://etherpad.net/p/rpm_triage_grooming