[Pulp-dev] Solving the "callback problem" ... aka how pulpcore will stop finalizing RepositoryVersion

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 14:28:59 UTC 2019

I've argued for removing the modify endpoint from core before we started
addressing how to enable validation and I think it's generally a good idea.
We already do this with other endpoints like sync so I don't think this
would be a new precedent. Also, some plugins (for whatever reason) may not
want to have a modify endpoint so defining it automatically for plugins
presents a problem in that case. I think it does create a tradeoff--one
that gives plugin writers more control but it also creates more work for
them.

David