[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 20:48:19 UTC 2019

Pulp 2:

   -

   5359 <https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5359>/BZ#1744225 closed WONTFIX
   -

   Investigating 5658 <https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5658>

Pulp 3:

   -

   Blockers https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=139
   -

      All RPM endpoints, go/no-go
      https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/-qVUKlmvL6zwoAwdWGzNag
      -

         Make all content plural? See ^ +1 - AI: do it
         -

            Modulemds
            -

            Packageenvironments
            -

            Packagecategories
            -

            Packagegroups
            -

         Modulemd-defaults vs modulemd_defaults - AI: change to _
         -

         Copy /pulp/api/v3/rpm/copy/
         -

            Need decision on https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5344
            -

            filter by type is useful feature and needed (not for GA)
            tricky to introduce granular filtering for multiple types on
            one endpoint

            -

            AI: remove the endpoint for GA, decide on API and functionality
            later
            -

         2-3 issues to do after completion of 3541 and decision on typed
         repos

   -

   Advisory
   -

      Opensuse advisory
      -

         some fields differs (reboot_suggested != restart_suggested)
         -

         *AI: convince createrepo_c team to **support suse fields **:)*
         - Reboot_suggested in advisory level (not in package) (e.g.
      https://repos.fedorapeople.org/pulp/pulp/fixtures/rpm-erratum/erratum.json)
      (exists in RHEL advisories)
      -

         -

         AI: file issue for advisory level reboot_suggested (can be fixed
         after GA)
         -

   Comps.xml (dana)
   -

   publish is done
   libcomps seems to have a bug in xml generation, in progress

Open PRs:

   -

   https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls
   -

      All PRs (except the modularity upload one) need to be reviewed/merged
      before Tue, Nov 12.

Triage:

   -

   Un-triaged bugs https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=30

Questions/thoughts for GA:

   -

   Do we have a release-lead? *ttereshc* will do it
   -

   We need a docs-lead, ttereshc will look for *a volunteer after dev
   freeze.*
   -

   Performance: can we get a sanity test/check pre-GA?
   -

      *AI: Fix travis tests for centos 8 publish,* the rest are fine
      -

   jsherrill and memory issue - publication of RHEL7 repo takes MUCH memory
   (9Gb box OOMs, 12Gb box does not) - issue to be filed. Compare Pulp2/3
   differences. Travis works w/7.5Gb. What’s katello doing ‘on top of’ what
   pulp3 is doing? Can we tune what/how many fields are prefetched?