[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 08:38:23 UTC 2019

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:04 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 3:48 PM Tatiana Tereshchenko <ttereshc at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Advisory
> >
> > Opensuse advisory
> >
> > some fields differs (reboot_suggested != restart_suggested)
> >

> These are not the same fields. The restart_suggested field indicates
> that the update tool should restart itself after this update is
> applied and continue onward. SUSE updateinfo uses both fields.
>
> Cf.
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Standards_Rpm_Metadata_UpdateInfo#restart_suggested
>
> > AI: convince createrepo_c team to support suse fields :)
> >

> Is there something in createrepo_c that prevents the extra fields from
> working? This is the first time I'm hearing of it, as the SUSE guys
> have been using createrepo_c for a while now in their build system...

Hi Neal,
It depends how they use it. If they generate updateinfo.xml separately and
then just add it as yet another repodata, there is no limitation to what
one can add.
We are using createrepo_c library to parse/generate updateinfo.xml. I
believe the reporter hasn't checked yet, if certain fields are supported or
not, but a quick look into the code suggests that they are not.
E.g. here is the list of fields for the package in advisory package list
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/createrepo_c/blob/master/src/updateinfo.h#L38-L51
.

Tanya